Tuesday, January 3, 2012

From Medical Assistant to Home Health Aide

I worked in the insurance field as a medical assistant. I have conducted medical examinations for people who bought life insurance and increase their life insurance. I was leading a traveling assistant that covers a radius of 50 miles, I went to the customer home or business for a medical. One day of the week I work out of the office to perform ECG customers to take out insurance, he had asked. I work for 5 years. I loved the freedom to set my own hours. 

As required by the insurance, the contractor, and I want to make an appointment to go with them at home or even in the office. I would person's blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, a urine test and a complete physical examination in writing. 

I did my job, because the freedom to make my appointment, and I had to be in the office once a week for ECG to some insurance companies is necessary. I never felt like my work all the necessary changes. On a scale of 1 to 10 job satisfaction, I'd give it an eighth changed the course of my career and entered the home health assistant for the elderly, I would make a 10 on the same satisfaction scale Sun 

My current job is to help with meals, some cleaning, medication, bathing, and only visiting the patient. Many of these patients are alone, and I want to stay with them while they tell me the stories of their lives when they were young. If I had to do it again, I prefer to start as an assistant to the clinic for the elderly. I think it's very important to do what you like best. 

I changed the course of my career, my mother's cancer was diagnosed. I decided to register with the county and to review the evidence and the background necessary to serve as domestic help or be enrolled in support services at home. I did not know that someone comes in and tries to take care of my mother. I knew that no one like me to do. I realized that was my real area of ​​the vocation of the nursing profession in the medical field. 

I learned that it can be very sad, the death of an elderly person to testify, why build relationships with my clients. If I were to be the most important thing, I would choose to learn outside the school of joy and happiness I have for my clients and the same joy and happiness that can be put in place for me. 

The turmoil in a family when they lose a loved one can sometimes strange. 

I am every day and expect all my clients and their lives a little applause 'more. 

I have some clients that no matter what I do, I'm not happy, and he wants me to pull my hair temporarily. 

The only time I feel is the stress in my work, if my client will be while I'm here. 

If I spent as a nurse, my salary would be significantly higher than it is today. But I do not think I would do the job satisfaction that I am now. In my area, are approximately $ 11.50 per hour. I work about 40 hours per week. I do not believe to be enough for the work that I paid, but I'm of the province and Medi-Cal paid. I never had the desire to live a richer life. I prefer to live a simple life and enjoy my family. There is more to life than money. Job satisfaction is a big problem with me. I want to enjoy my work, regardless of salary. If you do not have a job, I'd be willing to do for the elderly. 

Our family was one of the holidays twice a year. I can make agreements with my clients to take a vacation. 

There is no training or special skills to get jobs in this sector. My story as a nurse helped me get some jobs. After completing two hours of orientation in the classroom and transmit fingerprints and background checks, I was able to register to work in my field. I got my CPR card I can not take this class. I believe that every medical experience and love for the elderly are all the activities for this type of work. 

I have told many friends of my work and suggested she try it. Some of my friends followed my advice, but the fact remains that, as domestic help. 

My ticket if I could write five years, I have a big house in a beautiful area where I could get the old house as a Bed and Breakfast Inn. The customer may have a common room for watching TV or visiting each other, maybe games like dominoes and card games can be enjoyed as well. Your room only want their own room, where he used to have in their homes before they could no longer live there for security reasons.

Explore other article: Home Health Aide Training Programs

1 comments:

Post a Comment